Thursday, July 3, 2008

Getting Ready

Well, it hit me Sunday that I had a week left before I leave. For those of you who don't know, I am traveling to Albania, Hungary and from there taking the train to Spain. I have been preparing for this trip for a while now, but there is still much to do at the last minute. I had a two day inservice Tuesday and Wednesday. I had breakfast with Jane, a hair appointment with Rachel and Jene is helping now put this blog together today. I also took the cat to the vet and changed my money. I hope to keep all posted about my adventures in Albania, Hungary, Austria and on through until I meet Maria in Spain.

I am excited but nervous. I am thrilled about meeting Ana. I have been sponsoring her through World Vision for two years now. The cool thing is I will be over there just about the time she turns 10. I wish I could have seen the look on her face when she found out I am coming. Our letters crossed about the same time.

From here I go to Rome and from Rome to Tirana, Albania. I will spend 3 days there and visit her village on the 11th. The hostel where I will be staying is adorable and has excellent reviews. I am more excited about the hostel every time I see it. Check it out at Tirana Hostel. More to come when I arrive.

2 comments:

cyndie said...

My Friend,
I know how long you have planned for this trip and how excited you are that you travel date is about to arrive....I hope this trip is an adventure of a lifetime and all that you hoped enjoy it as much as you have looked forward to it. I look forward to hearing all about it!

God speed my friend.
Love ya, Cyndie

cyndie said...

countdowhas begun 12 hrs and counting