Friday, July 11, 2008

We Meet

I met Ana today! The people from World Vision came and picked me up and drove me to her village called Elbasan. The road to the village is very winding and steep. If you have ever experienced the Smokies or the Rockies you will know what I mean. The drivers here are crazy. Because of communism, most Albanians have only been driving for about 10 years and it seems very easy to receive a license. Our driver was very nice and did very well. I know some of you out there would be having a fit.... yeah, sister, I am talking about you. Ana and her mom are very nice people. Dad is an emmigrant to Greece due to the fact that he has work as a plumber. He does not get home much. We met at the office and chatted and then had lunch at this restaurant there in town. The food was excellent! They brought me back here and I am settling in for the evening. I am going to read my book and just chill for a while.

I am off to Hungary tomorrow, so we'll see what new adventures that holds.

2 comments:

Sharon said...

Hey kid, hope you are better today. Really sorry that could not help you in your plite yesterday. It is Sunday and I keep waiting for your call so we can go have lunch, but will have to wait awhile longer to get to do that again. Take care, know that you are loved and missed very much. Your Friend Sharon

Anonymous said...

We are enjoying you'r blog,and we are keeping track of you here in good old Nebraska,so glad you got to go on this adventure.

Love Angie & Larry